ARB Electrical Wholesalers Returns / Refunds Policy
This policy is hereby incorporated into and forms part of our agreement with you. You must read this policy together with our Terms and Conditions.
All products sold on the ARB Electrical Wholesalers website generally carry the applicable supplier or manufacturers warranties (if any).
ARB Electrical has no objection to exchanging or refunding goods where it is legally required to do so under the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) or the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECTA).
Your Right to Return Goods on cancellation allowed by law
In terms of section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECTA) you have the right to cancel any electronic transaction for the supply of goods within seven days after the date of receipt of the goods, and, obtain a full refund for those goods within 30 days of the date of cancellation. Where the goods have already been shipped to you, you will be liable for the direct cost of returning the goods to us (which costs include a handling fee of up to 25%). Please note that in order to obtain a full refund, subject to any set-off:
▪ it is your responsibility to ensure that we receive written notice of cancellation within 7 days of your receipt of the goods;
▪ you must cancel the transaction by submitting an application through the Returns page in your online account and the RMA system (Return Management Authorisation);
▪ you will need to arrange the return of the goods to us and will be liable for the cost of returning the goods to us (which will be off-set against the refund of purchase price); and
▪ the goods must be in the original packaging and must not have been used or damaged.
Other Returns or Exchanges
Please note that the 6 month CPA warranty does not entitle you to return a product for no reason.
Please further note that ARB Electrical Wholesalers will not accept return or exchange goods in any circumstances other than those contemplated under the CPA or ECTA, unless ARB Electrical within its discretion determines that faulty goods are covered by a particular supplier or manufacturer’s warranty.
Should you wish to return an item bought from the ARB Electrical Wholesalers website then an application must be submitted through the Returns page in your online account and the RMA system (Return Management Authorisation).
Please note that:
▪ products will need to be inspected and tested by the supplier (and are subject to our in-house inspection) before a replacement / refund will be offered;
▪ products damaged due to inappropriate use or wear and tear will not be covered under this returns policy. Further, no credit will be issued on product(s) found to be obsolete, returned damaged, re-machined products or where there is obvious evidence that the product(s) were tampered with or altered. In such case, you will be notified of our findings;
▪ if the return is being made because of a factory error or defective material, depending on the outcome of our inspection, credit will be issued to cover the cost of the product(s) and the delivery charges;
▪ if our inspection and testing determines that the returned product(s) are not defective then a handling fee will be charged. Customers will be notified of this and asked how they want the product(s) couriered back to them in this instance. On the day the customer is notified, he/she will have fourteen days to inform us how they want the product(s) returned to them. In the event the customer does not respond to us within the fourteen days, we will discard the product(s) and no credit will be issued.
▪ If a refund has been authorised and processed, kindly allow up to two weeks for the money to reflect in your bank account.
Incorrect Product delivered
Please note that the onus is on you to ensure that the product you order is appropriate for its intended use and / or application.
If the incorrect product has been delivered to you by mistake (i.e. it is not the product that you ordered), please do not remove the product from its original packaging, open or use the product in any way.
Please promptly email [email protected] to notify us so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect the incorrect product from you and deliver the correct product to you, as quickly as possible.
Please note that under no circumstances can we accept any responsibility or liability for late or delayed exchanges and / or returns.
HOW TO BEGIN A RETURN OR REPAIR PROCESS
This Return or Repair Procedure applies to Customers who:
1 ) purchased their products through our website; AND
2 ) have an active online store account with us.
Step 1: Log into your Account
Step 2: Go to your “Account Page” then click to the RMA menu on the left.
Step 3: Click on the “Request an RMA” button
Step 4: Complete the Online Return Form with the following information:
▪ The product or products you would like to return
▪ Select the reason for the return from the drop-down menu
▪ Tell us if you still have the original packaging
▪ Chose the RMA Action from the drop-down menu (Return, Replace or Refund)
▪ Fill in any extra relevant details about the reason for the return – this is Optional
▪ Attach a photo of the goods and or any order documents proving purchase of the goods –this is Optional
Step 5: Click the “Submit” Button
Step 6: Your RMA will be processed within 48 hours. The more detail you provide in the form, the easier it will enable our customer care representatives to understand the nature of the problem. You will receive a response with instructions on how to return the product.
Step 7: Once the products RMA has been approved you must:
▪ return the item(s) to ARB Durban branch for urgent processing. The details of the address of the ARB branch will be provided in the RMA Approval Email Response.
▪ return the goods only using the original packaging and a copy of the RMA approval or the Return will not be processed. If your packaging is missing, please advise us of this so that we can inform the couriers.
▪ Products without an Authorized RMA Number are NOT allowed.
▪ The sender MUST include a copy of the RMA paperwork with the return shipment and clearly mark the assigned RMA number on the outside of the carton(s). Failure to do so will result in returned shipment at your expense.
▪ When shipping returned products back to ARB Electrical Wholesalers, keep a record of the tracking number. In the Event that we do not show the item as received, we may require a “proof of delivery” to assist in locating your return.
Step 8: Once we have received the product, our technicians will inspect the product for any defects and notify the system that your Return has been received.
Step 9: Depending on the type of Return Action you chose, and provided the good(s) are cleared by our technicians, we will then process your Return and notify you of your repaired product shipment or replacement via tracking number and/or any applicable refund.